A FULLY-FLEDGED CLOUD-PLATFORM SOLUTION FROM SAP? YES, SAP BTP PROVES IT RIGHT!
The SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) is nothing new. It has been available for several years. From the beginning, an ordinary cloud service is undergoing a major transformation this year into an integrated platform, as the core for a smart enterprise.
We have prepared a "mini series" for you, in which we will present this platform for enterprise SAP solutions. We will gradually analyze Administration, Development, Architecture and DevOps in SAP BTP.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN SAP BTP
SAP BTP is a collection of assets. It enables customers to achieve agility, business value, and continuous innovation through the integration, data to value, and scalability of all SAP and third-party applications and data assets.
It is based on a database component in the form of SAP HANA with predictive analysis. Other components include intelligent technologies such as robotic process automation RPA, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Finally, integration and application development along with multi-extensibility.
DATABASE AND DATA MANAGEMENT
A wide range of in-memory database management systems are available in this section ensuring compliance and optimizing storage and analysis. The in-memory database provides real-time access to data and offers support for various data types and models.
- SAP HANA is a column-oriented in-memory database that runs advanced analytics along with high-speed transactions in one system. It enables to process huge amounts of data with almost zero latency. SAP HANA offers:
- online analytical processing (OLAP)
- online transaction processing (OLTP)
- SAP HANA Cloud is fully managed in-memory cloud database as a service (Database as a Service)
The service offers:
- Cloud data base for SAP BTP
- SAP HANA engine
- Cloud or hybrid deployment
Fig: Comparison of management of both platforms
- SAP ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise) service offers:
- High performance SQL database server
- High and reliable online transaction processing (OLTP)
- SAP IQ is a system of relational database management that also:
- serves for analytical tasks of big data files
- is SQL standardized
- SAP Data Intelligence is a complex solution for data management that offers:
- connection to any data across whole enterprise structure
- transformation and extension of data between data types
- robust, searchable data catalogue
Analysis solutions help create real-time reports through machine learning, artificial intelligence, business intelligence, and advanced analysis. Reports allow you to analyze past and present situations and simulate future scenarios. For example, the Analytics section offers:
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- unified BI
- extended analyse
- business planning
- SAP Data Warehouse Cloud - analytically and personally managed modern data warehouse as a service, adapted to business and IT.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT AND INTEGRATION
- SAP Integration Suite – integration platform as a service (iPaaS), allows users to implement projects integration of data, applications, API and processes involving any combination of cloud and local end points.
- SAP Extension Suite – preconfigured services and tools to simplify development, management and automation of applications without interrupting core applications
- Ready-to-use services and templates and faster development
- Low-code and pro-code development tools
- Easy application lifecycle management by separating their extensions
- SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – automation of repeate manual processes by creating, planning, managing and monitoring of intelligent robots.
- Visual design of work flows supported by robots
- API intended for improvement of performance and continuity of robots
- Automation of robots prepared in advance for SAP software
- SAP Internet of Things (IoT)
- IoT application development service and integration into enterprise applications
- big data built in and managed
- IoT data enriched with business context, rules and integration frame based on events
- analytical services with live integration into SAP Analytics Cloud
SAP IS NO LONGER A CLOSED SYSTEM
SAP has moved to the cloud and offers extensive options not only for new, but especially for its existing customers.
It is no longer a closed system with narrow boundaries, but an available online platform coexisting with third parties, using an open-source basis.
You will find here: integration, scalability, extensive real-time data processing and analysis, visualization evaluation, intelligent planning and, of course, artificial intelligence.
Thanks to SAP BTP, there is no need to move everything immediately to the cloud, there is the possibility of a hybrid service, where the customer can continue to use their on-premise solutions and connect them with new intelligent and high-performance cloud services.
All connected in one platform - Business Technology Platform.